What are the requirements at Empire Shirt to apply for this job:
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity;
- Teamwork inclined;
- Good operational speed;
- Attention to details.
In real terms, the job responsibilities are:
- Acquaint yourself with the applicable instructions in order to properly understand the operation to be performed;
- Verify and install the appropriate accessories and guides in accordance with the instructions and the work to be done;
- In accordance with the instructions and the work to be done, verify and adjust the various components of the sewing machine (tension of threads, type of stitch, length of stitch, foot pressure, differential) in order to meet the assembly requirements;
- In accordance with the instructions and the work to be done, align the notches so that the pieces of the shirt are correctly positioned in order to meet the standards;
- In accordance with the instructions and the work to be done, assemble most of the shirt pieces;
- Verify the quality of the work done and report any problem to the supervisor to ensure that the required standards are met or exceeded;
- Remove the completed unit and repeat the same operation in order to ensure the continuous flow of production;
- Enter the quantities produced on the electronic keypad ;
- Using the proper method and according to the instructions, clean and maintain the equipment and report any malfunction;
- Keep your work area clean;
- May receive or provide training;
- Perform any related task required by the supervisor and needed for the smooth running of the plant.
- Experience on a similar job in the clothing industry;
- Able to understand information contained on production tags;
- Able to understand instructions and implement guidelines;
- Able to clearly express your ideas and communicate with your supervisor and co-workers.